Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ALWAYS Party Hard

On sunday night in the year of our lord (satan) 2012 I went to the Riv and saw Andrew W fucking K. On monday I was in awe at how sore I was. My ears may not have been ringing, but my bruises were forming up nicely and I couldn't touch anything with my left elbow. Not that I like to touch things with my elbows, that would be odd. At least it helped my table manners somewhat. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you are probably an uncultured heathen, which is fine with me, although I don't really see a problem with being a cultured heathen.

I like the Riv because it's very old and a bit rough around the edges fancy, but it usually sounds pretty damn good and I always see bands I like there. It's like what the Congress could be if that place could get its act together. The Congress has the worst sound in the city, that's including noise shows in damp basements. Aleister X came got on stage promptly after doors opened. Aleister X is some kind of rapper championed by Andrew WK for some reason. I don't know what's going on with that guy, but there is some kind of brilliance to him. His set started off incredibly muddy and it wasn't loud enough to be shocking and it was more annoying than anything, I spent most of it drinking beers. Dude eventually got better by putting down the guitar and going on some bizarre rapping. Wait I don't know if it's bizarre or not, rap is getting weird man.

The pit fall of having a long/annoying band name is that I will always think "bah, I don't have time to read your terrible band name." Thus missing out on potentially cool tunes. If I didn't know what Pantera is I would listen to that because that is a badass band name. If the band is called something like iwrestledabearonce then I will be more hesitant to listen to that band. (iwrestledanearonce sucks. Don't start off doing grind metal and then do something like singing, what the fuck, i don't want to hear singing in my fucking grind metal. Then they start to do some lame melodic slowing down bullshit. It is bullshit.) The point is that Math the Band turned out to be good times. Sweet video gamey keyboards paired with loud ass guitar and fun. They played an energetic set of leans songs that got the point across, the point being that this is a band you want to play at your house party. After their set I wished I had brought money to give to them.

ANDREW WK was pretty fucking awesome. The second dude started I was covered in confetti and silly string. It only got more party from that point. That's right. To tell you the truth I could've just said: I went to see Andrew W.K. at the Riviera and it was very party. You know what. That's it. All of the other reviews go on and on, but there's really no need. Andrew WK rocked. I ran into one of my friends and said hi. I literally ran into one of my friends a mosh pit. Drinking beers, hi fiving a guy dressed like a banana, helping people get up to body surf, I am telling you it was way fucking party. Andrew W.K. and co did the whole I Get Wet Album and the place was crazy all set long. Also some other songs. Rocking songs. It was very inspirational.

No comments: